Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Baby Mowgli


Ok, right now I'm supposed to be sketching a Highlights illustration (my first Highlights assignment - yay!) and I'm supposed to be working on paintings for two different leveled readers, but since I just finished The Jungle Book as part of Jacqui Robbin's Remedial English Lit Summer Project, I took a quick break to sketch a fearless, baby Mowgli who won the heart of a wolf family. So here's an adorable, jungle baby. Now back to my fun paying illustrations...

9 comments:

jcdillustration said...

Charming! If you put some wolf paws standing around him it could add context. =)

Kristi Valiant said...

What a wonderful idea, Jennifer! Thanks - I think I'll do that.

Jacqui said...

Ooh! A teeny tiny baby Mowgli. Adorable. Your sketches are sparse but have a lot in them, Kristi.

Ginger*:) said...

Wonderful, Kristi! I too like the idea of a wolf leg or paw or two. This child has a look that is both innocent and wise.

Congratulations on the Highlights assignment!

froggie is... said...

yay, kristi! congrats on the highlights gig! ooo lemme know when it's in there/what issue...we get here for the guys! :))

this is just wonderful...such expressive eyes and soft simple line...i can totally see him on a kipling chapter head or spot.

Ratlion said...

Love the eyes!

Connie said...

This is one gorgeous baby! Great. And nice lines, by the way.

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Aww...he's just as cute as he can be!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Hooray for amazing art... your babies are adorable.