Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Coloring Sheet

Here's a turkey coloring sheet for Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it!

I love this time of year when we make a point to name our blessings out loud. Thankfulness is really an attitude of the heart that we're trying to teach our kids to have every day. Most days there's some little thing that doesn't go my way, and instead of getting frustrated and letting bitterness build up, I'm learning how to thank God. And when I stop and thank God, I slow down and notice other small joys. Right now my two toddlers are napping - what a joy! And when they wake, we'll carve yet another pumpkin and they'll laugh at it's funny face, and those giggles are pure joy too.

In the words of Junior Asparagus from Veggietales:
"I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!

For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!"

The Hart family printed my Halloween coloring sheet and sent me this picture:
Aren't they adorable?

No comments: