Saturday, February 04, 2012

Little Wings Series


What is Harper whispering to Willa Bean? Oooo... the suspense! You'll have to read the book to find out!

I just received my illustrator copies of a new series of chapter books I'm illustrating for Random House called Little Wings. They just came out and are super adorable. Check them out!


Last week I visited NYC to meet my editors and art directors at Random House, to meet a few more publishers and my agent, to visit my brother, and to go to the big SCBWI Winter Conference with over 1100 attendees. What an amazing week! Random House even invited me to draw on their illustrator wall alongside some incredible illustrators - I totally geeked out.
"Really? Really? I can draw on your wall? Are you sure? These are all massively famous illustrators!"
I drew my dancing penguins from my upcoming picture book, PENGUIN CHA-CHA. Here I am with my editor for PENGUIN CHA-CHA and my dancing penguins on the wall next to Babymouse and Duck & Goose:

11 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

very cool, sounds like you had a great trip :)

Patti said...

very cool. Love your penguins.

Paula Deuber said...

Congratulations on all he success! The penguins look amazing!

DSM said...

Where is the suspense?

Kristi Valiant said...

Thanks K.H., Patti, and Paula.
DSM - the suspense is the wide-eyed secret that Willa Bean is about to hear, of course.

Brooke Boynton-Hughes said...

What a wonderful trip!! And congratulations on Little Wings! So exciting! :)

John Voss said...

Congrats! The covers look great. Love your work.

theartofpuro said...

It's beautiful!Congrats for the book:)

Angel said...

Really fun, detailed illustration. Very cute.
Congrats!

Kristi Valiant said...

Brooke, it was a wonderful, whirlwind of a trip! I love NYC and meeting with others who love books as much as I do is always a treat.
Thanks John, Monica, and Angel. It's an honor to illustrate these fun chapter books.

ScribbleArtist said...

Hi kristi! I think it is great that you are getting up and running with your lattest illusttrated series. I too am at a point where I will be recieving the Illustrtated copies of a book that I have been working on. So I wanted to ask what are some great tips on promoting and getting the word out (I mean besides blogs), or in other words when you were an up and coming artist wohat did you do to promote yourself?