Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Book Signing Fun





My Cora Cooks Pancit book signing was a smashing hit! Barnes & Noble sold out of the books they ordered for the signing, and then they sold 12 of my own copies that I brought in as backup. How fun is that!

The most fun part of it for me was seeing lots of friends from church, neighbors, in-laws, SCBWI friends, and friends of my mother-in-law (she sent the announcement to everyone she's ever known). It was quite the party! I brought a big pot of pancit and my husband handed out samples the whole time while I signed and chatted and hugged and "Wow - I haven't seen you in 2 months!" There was a lot of that, because I've been in bed for 2 months with severe morning sickness and dizziness. Being in the second trimester now rocks!

10 comments:

jama said...

How exciting, Kristi! Love the pictures. Glad you're feeling better . . . :)

Mary Uhles said...

hey congrats on the signing success and congrats on your other big news too! I didn't know you were expecting!

Kristin Tubb said...

It looks like a wonderful event! Congrats again! :-)

Jacqui said...

Congrats, Kristi, on all fronts!

Kristi Valiant said...

Thanks for all the congrats! We're especially excited about our little one due in January!

Angela Matteson said...

Congrats on all your awesome success at B&N and on the little one! I'm so happy for you! :)

Amber Alvarez said...

How happy! January births are the best! Congratulations on everything!

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh that is sooo wonderful Kristi!!!!! Congratulations, the book looks amazing! That little girl just hast so much personality and beauty, you can tell just by the cover.

So happy for you! :o)

Dorina Gilmore said...

Hi Kristi,
I just found your blog. How fun to see pictures of you signing CORA COOKS PANCIT on your side of the country - much of what I've been doing over here. I LOVE the illustrations. Every where I go to sign, people are talking about the illustrations.
A million thanks,
Dorina

Kristi Valiant said...

Thanks, Dorina! Your text is so sweet, so it made my job so much easier. :)