In the comments section of my post on creating a Picture Book Reading Challenge, a few us decided that we would take the Reading Challenge and post our results on April 30. Do you want to join us?
Read a couple posts back for the full description of the challenge. Here's a summary:
1. Find a list of great picture books or combine lists to create a reading list at least 50 books long. Here are a some suggestions:
New York Public Library's 100 best list,
Amazon's Best Books of 2008,
Great Read Alouds,
Picture Books That Will Make You Laugh,
Classroom Read Aloud Picture Books
2. Find these books in your library or hang out at a bookstore to read them. Preferably read all the books on your list in one day.
3. After reading a book assign it to a category: Not-My-Taste Books, OK Books, or Amazingly-Great Books
4. Figure out what made the Amazingly-Great books amazingly great and why the others weren't.
5. Read your own manuscript and assign it a pile. Oooooooo!
6. Post whatever part of your results you want.